Friday, September 30, 2011

38 Weeks

Pregnancy always shows in my face and "hind quarters" as Brannon calls it. I told Brannon not to get my hind quarters in the picture if possible, but there was no helping the puffy face or double chin. I will be very excited to start tackling this baby weight soon!

All my wishing and hoping for an earlier birth this time around really hasn't paid off yet. I have been walking like crazy among other "natural" things to try to induce labor, BUT to no avail. I have about one week to go before I am induced, so I guess there is still hope that she may come a little earlier. I should probably do the smart thing and just enjoy what time I have left of just having one child. I should probably also take advantage of all the sleep I am getting right now because if this baby is anything like Taj was, I will be getting about two hours of sleep every night. I am having some mixed feelings right now. Part of me just wants to have her as soon as possible and the other part wants her to stay in there awhile longer because I know life is about to change drastically for us again. I almost feel like I'm not ready, like my house isn't clean enough, like I have too many loose ends to tie up before she comes, like the laundry can never stay done long enough, like I can never stock up enough groceries, etc. I also have Taj's birthday next week to get through, so I'm kind of hoping that we can get through that before the baby comes too! I guess it's good that I can't stay perfectly prepared before she comes. I'm going to have to have something to still do when she comes besides being an expert diaper changer and an around-the-clock source of food. I guess having all these little things, mundane things, to do around the house will help me stay a part of the real world. I've been trying to prepare myself mentally this time around. I was totally unprepared with Taj and suffered with Postpartum Depression for a year and a half afterwards. It was unlike anything I've ever had to go through before and I DO NOT want to go through that again or put my little family through that again. Heaven forbid the baby blues don't go away this time too, at least I will be able to recognize it and know what to do to treat it. I'm pretty darn confident that this time around will be a lot better since I know a lot of what to expect, so as hard as it seems right now, I'm sure with some time I will adjust and wonder what all that worrying was about!
On a lighter note: I have some very exciting news that I am hoping to announce in the next two weeks and it has something to do with Shabby Apple:)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You look great, and I mean it! But I know how uncomfortable you are right now. It was amazing once I had Claire to finally be able to breathe, bend over, shave my legs comfortably, etc. :) I'm so excited for you to get your little girl here! Hopefully she decides to come soon. But I'm telling the truth when I say you look SO cute!