Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Bed





This is not your average New Year's post. I haven't even verbalized my goals for the year, let alone write them down! Yesterday, or should I say last night, was a momentous event. The fact that Taj is no longer a baby was solidified when the crib was taken down and replaced with a big boy bed. I have to tell you that I was sure I would get no sleep last night because I thought the little monkey wouldn't stay in his bed. He didn't stay in his bed for the first three hours after I put him down, but lucky for us his is the only door in the house that he can't open yet. So, after tucking him in for the last time at about 12:30 I didn't wake up until I heard a little knock on his bedroom door at about 9:00 this morning.
Nap time is proving to be a little harder to manage seeing as I keep hearing a knock on the door and keep entering to find him riding his little Red Flyer trike around the room with his blanket stuffed in the back of it. He is so excited to have a big boy bed now and can't hardly lay in it without kicking his legs and giggling. This may turn out to be a big year for us. I mean we conquered the big boy bed on the first day of the year! I'll try potty training next. I'm hoping it doesn't take more than a week....yeah right! You know what? There's my New Year's resolution! Have Taj potty trained by next year!

No comments: