Monday, January 17, 2011

Trouble


Lately this boy has been giving me a run for my money.
Exhibit A: Four nights ago Brannon wasn't going to be home for dinner so I got me some Chinese take-out for dinner. These aren't just any noodles, they are vegetable lo mein, my favorite. The nice lady from the restaurant sent me home with a HUGE take-out box full of these noodles. Lucky for me Taj fell asleep on the way home so I got to eat my noodles in peace while he slept on the couch beside me. A quarter of the way in to these noodles, Taj starts to stir so I thought it would be a good idea to run upstairs and make him a sippy cup. He is soooo ornery when he wakes up from a late nap, I wanted to be prepared. You can't imagine what he did in the two minutes I was gone. I came back downstairs to hear him doing his cranky squeaks and to see him dumping the entire box of noodles, soy sauce and all, on my white carpet. My patience ran out at that point and Taj earned himself a spat on the bottom. I spent the next 20 minutes scrubbing my dinner out of the carpet.
Exhibit B: Three nights ago (one day after the noodles incident) I accidentally left a basket of nice, clean, folded laundry downstairs with the said boy. I come back downstairs not even a minute later and find the contents of that laundry basket strewn all over floor. My reaction: "What?! Why?! How?! That was a week's worth of folded laundry!" Now this is where the pictures come in. For some reason Taj took to the pajama bottoms that I got for Christmas. Whenever I wear them, he runs up and pets my leg because they are soooo soft. Well petting them wasn't enough anymore. He saw them in the bottom of the laundry basket and well, you know the rest of the story. Since then he freaks out if I put them on and he's been carrying them around like a blanket. Not only does he drag them around, but he sneaks off into the spare bedroom to try them on. If I walk in and he sees me seeing him trying them on, he gets really mad at me and takes them back off and runs away to another secret corner in the house to put them back on. Should I be worried?!

3 comments:

Marci Dawn said...

hahahah i love him.
no need to worry. he is total boy. every inch of his being is boy.

Jonathonandaudrey said...

Oh my gosh Chelle.. You are making me second guess ever wanting to have a little boy! Ha Ha. He sounds like a very active, curious toddler :) You must have a lot of patience though!! Good luck :)

Brady and Patrice said...

When Ayda was that age she took a shirt off of Brady's back (his favorite shirt, none the less) and called it her "daddy shirt" and made it her new lovie. He hasn't been able to wear it since! Silly kids!

I love all your stories about Taj!