Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I guess it's time....

Taj's favorite Christmas present was my mom's present. I don't know, but I think Taj may be just a little bit like his dad.
This is Taj demonstrating the proper technique for lip gloss application: swipe from one end of your face to the other and repeat the words "mmmm, priddy!"

A little up the nose always helps too.


There you have it: five dollars worth of cherry flavored lip gloss properly applied by a two year old.

Everybody needs that classic picture with grandpa right? Especially when grandpa is wearing a t-shirt that says, "Old Fart." That way no one will be confused as to whether or not it is actually grandpa in the photo.

My lovely sister modeling the latest in Snuggie blanket wear. Aren't you all jealous?
This is sheer genius, is it not? This says Cake Boss all over it...although one should never try to eat a gingerbread house or the candy that comes with it. I'm pretty sure I chipped my tooth trying to eat one of those little round candies.

Only Marci and Easton were brave enough to attempt to out-do my decorating skills. It's a messy, dirty business I tell you!



ripping off the wrapping paper was a lot more fun than seeing what was inside

Everyone made their own "hand made" stocking this year, super fun Christmas family activity!
I could easily get 50 cents a piece for these...they're brilliant and they only took me like two hours and 20 hot glue burns to make!

I love this picture. Taj's little friend is on the look out for hot girls and Taj is already giving me that teenage smirk!
So I suppose it's finally time that I do the traditional "Christmas" post. I always procrastinate posting big events: holidays, birthdays, milestones achieved, etc. For some reason I feel like it's an assignent and if I don't post a certain amount of pictures with at least 1000 words that I won't get full credit. I still have nightmares about college. It's always the same dream: I've signed up for too many classes and I find out in the middle of the semester that I've been forgetting to show up to the most important one and then I proceed to beg the professor for extra credit work to make up for the lost time. Dreams like that are horrific for those who tend to be perfectionists or for those who may or may not have a nervous disorder (take a look at my nails if you ever see me).
Christmas this year was grand. In fact, it is my opinion that everyone in my family was beyond spoiled, especially my little two year old. I honestly think that after opening all those presents, Taj liked playing in the leftover boxes the most. Go figure that! All a child really needs is a good imagination and whatever happens to be lying around at the moment. This year I tried to focus more on what Christmas is really about instead of making presents the big focus. I really did have a lot more fun giving to others this year. For once I didn't feel sad Christmas morning when all the presents were opened because I finally understand that what makes Christmas is spending time with loved ones and bringing joy to those in need. Christmas is sooo commercial now, don't you think? It's become too stressful! I think the biggest thing we can do to honor Jesus's birth is to give the gift of service and love and to spend time with those who matter most in our lives. I had a wonderful Christmas this year! I am so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends. I hope you all had an awesome Christmas and got to spend time with your families!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love the homemade stocking idea! They turned out so cute! That sounds like a lot of fun.
Taj is so cute, I can't believe how grown up he is. Him and Caleb would be great friends now. Glad you had a good Christmas!

PS- Your title made me think you were going to announce that you were pregnant. ;)