Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Master of the Tricycle









Taj is finally on his way to mastering the tricycle. We've only had it since last Christmas and have worked with him since then to teach him how to use the petals. Of course, we did have to wait six months for his legs to grow longer, but now I think he's finally got it! I can't tell you how crazy it is to see my baby boy riding a little bike. It makes me realize that he's not a baby anymore and that his birthday, announcing the arrival of the "Dreaded Twos," will be upon us in less than a week. Heaven have mercy on us!
Besides learning how to ride his bike, Taj has also become more daring with speech. Finally....he is wanting to imitate the words we say, thank goodness! I was beginning to think that Swaheli was the only language he would ever speak. The kids at the park always try to talk to him and they get Swaheli in response from Taj...and Taj gets blank stares from the kids, after which they turn to me and say, "I think he's trying to tell me something." That's what I say too kids. No matter, if he's anything like his dad, he'll know how to chew the fat with the neighbors in no time and by then we'll be wishing he didn't talk so much!

No comments: