Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11


I hadn't planned on doing a 9/11 post, but last night I watched a movie that inspired me to do so. I got it from Redbox with a free rental code on a whim yesterday. All the "good" movies were only on Blu-ray and since I don't have a Blu-ray player, I just hurried and chose a movie called, "My Name is Khan." I don't even think it was in theaters for the most part. It's actually a Bollywood film. At first when I was watching it I thought I wasted our free code on another dud, but it actually turned out to be an awesome show, one that I highly recommend watching, especially on a day like today. It is about a Muslim man with Aspergers Syndrome. It starts out when he is a boy and then it follows him on his journey as a Muslim in America. It's an incredible story that proves that even one person doing their best to do good things makes a huge difference in the lives of millions of people. This man, Khan, sets out to find happiness and he does against all odds. This movie also shows what innocent Muslim people had to go through after 9/11, which was kind of an eye opener to me. It will make you cry. It will inspire you to treat everyone, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. with more love and respect. It's a good show, watch it. We should all be a little more like Khan.

No comments: