Friday, September 24, 2010

Shabby Apple Dress Design


Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses

Inspiration for the dress: Birthday roses from my husband that were fuscia, yellow, and orange all at the same time (for sash color) and pearls for the white dress color and design. I love pearls. I consider them the most classy piece of jewelry a woman can wear. When I think of pearls, I think of Jackie Kennedy and her crisp and elegant style, which in turn was inspiration for the dress design. She epitomized femininity. The fabric of choice: lace, white lace for the whole dress, except the sash of course. The sash would look lovely in chiffon or possibly satin, but I think the chiffon would look better on lace. Wouldn't the wearer of this dress look lovely with red lipstick and pearls?

No comments: