Sunday, November 11, 2012

Just Because

 I think I counted around 15 pull-ups total wrapped around his legs. haha
 I wuv this little spitfire!
 
He was NOT happy when I took this and claimed I "hut" his eyes.
These kids LOVE having their daddy read them a bedtime story. It is one of my favorite things to do at night: listen to Brannon read to them and hearing the two little stinks laugh and fight with each other.


I wanted to record this story since this is pretty much our family journal. On Friday this last week Brannon was in downtown Salt Lake City driving back to the office after having lunch with a co-worker. They stopped behind a few cars and a bus at a Trax crossing that had the arms down and red lights blinking. Brannon said he heard screaming and looked on the tracks to see a young man in a Jazzy-type wheelchair stuck on the tracks. NOBODY was getting out of their cars to help him, so Brannon threw the truck in park and jumped out of his truck to help. He ran to the man only pausing briefly to make sure the Trax train wasn't going to kill both of them and ran onto the tracks to help the man who was frantically jiggling the control switch on the chair. A homeless man standing nearby also ran out onto the tracks to help Brannon lift the high centered chair off the tracks and pull the man to safety. The Trax train was not able to stop until it got about 15 yards away from them. Brannon wouldn't want me sharing this, but I thought this was a true act of bravery and it revealed to me that Brannon's inner core is good through and through and selfless. Brannon didn't know if the train was going to stop, but he ran out onto the tracks anyway. The homeless man was also very brave. I would like to think I would have done the same thing. I'm sure a lot of us would, but I think most people are frozen in moments like that and hope that someone will come to the rescue. We are so lucky to have him in our family!

1 comment:

Erin & Todd said...

Michelle! You guys are so cute! I miss those kids! I love the new paint color too.