Saturday, December 11, 2010

Early Christmas

Taj hates being bundled up and he hates it even more when I try to take his picture and he's in the middle of a fit. It kind of ruins the theatrics of the moment for him I guess...
One night while I was downstairs watching a movie with Taj, Brannon came barrelling down the stairs and I freaked out when I saw him. He was covered in red stuff all over his hands, his pants, shirt, and shoes. I thought he was bleeding, but when he motioned me upstairs, I soon found out it wasn't blood, but wax. I thought I would never have this happen unless Taj figured out how to climb on the countertops (which probably won't be long). No it wasn't Taj who made this mess, it was my ADULT husband. While talking on his phone, Brannon noticed the Scentsy warmer looked a little "crooked," so to fix that he unplugged it and turned it upside down to inspect the reason behind this "crookedness" and dumped hot Cozy Fire wax all over the counter, himself, and the floor. I'm sure the clothes are a loss as he filled up one of his pants pockets with wax, coating his wallet and whatever else he keeps in there. I told him I would beat his rear-end if he ever did that again. It took me almost an hour to scrape the wax off the counter and floor and I'm still finding wax bits here and there all over my house! So now not only is Taj not allowed to touch the Scentsy, neither is Brannon!
This is Taj's early Christmas present, well his whole Christmas. Brannon's been dead set on getting Taj a Power Wheels for Christmas because he "wanted one when I was a kid and never got one." I suppose that I could say the same about fantasizing about having my very own Barbie car to run to the pharmacy to buy penny candy when I was a little girl. Brannon spent hours researching which Power Wheels to get and comparing prices and the result was always the same: The one we wanted was the most expensive model and it didn't really vary in price from store to store. We were going to settle for a cheaper model, but Brannon was combing KSL one day and found this Jeep, the one we've been wanting. We snagged this for a mere $180.00 versus the $450.00 price tag on a new one. We LOVE KSL! His legs aren't long enough to reach the pedal yet, but hopefully by spring he'll have grown another inch or two. Taj scored for Christmas this year, the lucky duck!

3 comments:

Cherish said...

I totally agree with the "I wanted one when I was a kid but never got one" It is funny how some of us as parents give our kids things WE wanted as kids, even if our kids don't want them or realize they want them ;)

Janice Twitchell said...

totally agree with cherish! How funny! I love that Bran dumped hot wax all over! too funny!

Lea Ann said...

So... I hate to tell you this but I think Brannon would like it if you beat his rear-end. Men are sick like that :) Love the new jeep!!! He will have lots of fun with that.