Monday, December 27, 2010

Invisible Splinter

Okay, I know this is slightly weird and even more random, but do you ever feel like you have a splinter in your pant leg? Like today I put on my favorite pair of jeans complete with a new blouse and new shoes from Christmas and I was feeling pretty good until a sharp prick nearly put me out of my misery. What makes this worse is that whatever is poking me is on the inside of my upper thigh, not exactly a place you can pull a splinter from in public if you know what I mean. I think I spent nearly an hour in my room squinting at the inside of my pants trying desperately to find the said splinter....still no luck. So if you ever see me hobbling with one stiff leg doing the turkey trot with a grimace on my face, you'll know that the invisible splinter is attacking the inside of my leg while I try to remain stoic and poised for the public eye. "Why not just wear a different pair of jeans?" you say? Well if I didn't wear this particular pair of jeans with this particular blouse and pair of shoes, the entire concept of my outfit that I want others besides myself to perceive would be dashed and I'd probably end up on TLC's What Not to Wear. Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic, but this pair of jeans is the only pair that doesn't give me a wedgie because they're too tight. The invisible splinter may have won this time, but next time the tweezers are coming out and I WILL be victorious!

1 comment:

Susie and Cody said...

I've never thought of it as a splinter but I totally know what you mean. I've got pairs of jeans that have some invisible poky things in them!