Friday, November 12, 2010

S.O.C.

I just read comments from actual parents of three-year-olds that 3 is worse than 2! Heaven help me! I may not survive, or at least my carpet and furniture won't survive at this rate:( Just so you all know that I'm not exaggerating, my sweet little two-year-old managed to pull off the poo poo trick again in less than five minutes today. That's the new record...I think. I've contemplated duct tape, but unless I actually duct taped the diaper to his skin, he can still pull the diaper off like underwear. Obviously, the duct tape on skin poses a problem...hives, skin rash, nasty welts and the like. Does anyone out there have a similar experience in which a solution was found? At this point, I feel we are being forced into potty-training mode. I've heard of greater things being impossible, but I'm sure potty training a two-year-old boy is on the top ten list!

So this is me sending out an S. O. C. (save our carpet!) Please help, I am willing to try anything!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

You could leave him in an outfit that he can't get off, then he won't be able to get off the diaper underneath. I was thinking like a jumper or pajamas that have zippers in the back, but I don't know if they make those for two year olds. I wish I could be more help! Hang in there!

Cherish said...

3 is worse in some ways and better in some, don't worry. emotionally my 3 yr old girl is worse than she was at 2, but my boys have always been crazy. I have never personally had to deal with the carpet issues you are going through, but maybe potty training would help, you never know until you try. also I say ask your doctor for some advice :)
Good luck.

Janice Twitchell said...

wow chelle. so sorry! i would have to agree with cherish. my 3 yr old girl is worse emotionally at 3. and kagen at 1 is already crazy! so I can only wait cuz i'm sure i'll have the same problems. let me know if you figure anything out! maybe every time he takes off his diaper go set him on the potty, see if he goes, then reward him with a treat if he does? I don't know. i like the outfit idea andrea had. good luck!

Trista Rich said...

Um....Rub his nose in it! Just kiddin'. I am SO sorry Chelle! I don't have much advise other than I am kind of pro spanking...But that is a personal decision. You are going to think that I am not a good person, but I also know someone who would squirt them down with a hose (no matter the weather) when their child had accidents. I know...I am bad! Good LUCK!

Brian and Megan said...

If 3 is worse than 2 we are done having kids! I feel for you on the tantrums, the messes, etc. My two year old is EXTREMELY stubborn and can throw a fit about something stupid for an hour! He also will only wear two shirts in his closet and the list goes on and on. If you find a solution to all of this "fun" please pass some advice our way!