Thursday, July 1, 2010

Eclipse


I never imagined that I would be waiting in line with hundreds of giddy girls and grown women dying to see the latest installment of the Twilight series: Eclipse....on opening night...at one in the morning. I admit that when the books came out, I devoured them all within a few short weeks, but as time went on and after seeing the first movie of the series, I became disenchanted with it all and vowed to never spend another dime on a movie ticket to see anymore Twilight movies, that is until I got a phone call two nights ago from a girl in our ward asking me if I wanted to go to Eclipse. I was hesitant at first, but then she threw out that there were going to be 15 other ladies going and that we were hitting PF Chang's first. That pretty much sealed the deal, the good food part and good friends. PF Chang's was amazing! I've never eaten there before, but it is sooo worth it, especially if you and your friends pass your plates around so everyone can try everything.
Now the movie on the other hand was a different story. I was nearly plowed over by middle-aged women rushing into the movie theatre wearing t-shirts that said: "Team Edward." "Team Jacob." and my favorite, "Team whatever I can get." I couldn't believe the mass histeria over a movie, or should I say, over two fictional characters: Edward and Jacob. You should've heard the shrill screams of delight ripple through the theatre when Jacob took his shirt off in the movie. All I could think was "really, ladies, you will never be able to get your hands on those abs, so why get soooo excited?" As for the movie itself, I give it two stars at the very most. Everyone said it was better than New Moon, but the acting and special effects were still pretty shoddy. At times it was almost painful to watch. I still can't get over Robert Pattenson as Edward. All I could say about him was "Ew and gross" and there were countless women in the theatre who begged him not to take off his shirt, which mercifully, he didn't. Jacob definitely stole the show and many hearts that night. Does that make me Team Jacob? If you're a diehard Twilight fan, I'm sure you will love it, but if you are a good movie fan, I say skip it. The best part of the night was hanging out with a bunch of cool ladies until three in the morning. I would totally pay 15.00 again for a crappy movie, just to hang out with the girls.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

As soon as I saw that your post was titled Eclipse, I knew I had to read it. I love the way you write, you always make me laugh! I am NOT a Twilight fan and I can't understand the obsessed stay at home moms. I just do not get it but maybe I'm the weird one, ha! And Robert Pattinson is U-G-L-Y. Sorry but it has to be said! :) But I'm glad you had a fun night with friends, I would have gone too just for that reason!

Andrea said...

I totally agree with you about the books and the movies, I read all 4 books in less than a week (while working full time I might add) and can't help but make fun of the movies! I think it's so crazy how psycho everyone gets over them and they are so bad! But it's like a train wreck, I still have to watch!