Monday, July 12, 2010

Snips, Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails




Taj didn't know what to do with this baby when it started to cry, so he just threw it on the ground, but in the next pic, you can see he felt bad about it:)

This was the first time Taj has seen a doll and for the record, it's the neighbor girl's, but come on ladies, who doesn't love a guy that can be sensitive once in a while?
He took that baby for the ride of its life...only a boy!
What more magical time of the year for kids than summer? It was my favorite time of the year when I was a kid. It meant popcicles, swimming, forts, lemonade, sleeping outside, circus sundaes, long bike rides, etc. Now all I can think about is where's the shade, this heat's killing me, and I'm sweating in places I shouldn't be sweating, but I do love to watch Taj play outside though. It reminds me of how sacred childhood is. It's a time to be happy, to be free, to be imaginative, and to thoroughly enjoy the simple things in life. More times than not, I wish I could be that way again. Why does reality have to hit when you grow up? Kids have all the fun! I had a great childhood and I hope to be able to bring the same magic to my kids' lives. This evening we did what we always do: play outside in the sprinkler water and play with the neighbor kids, followed by a good, long walk cause that's what summer's all about.

No comments: