Wednesday, July 30, 2008



Brannon is so sweet and planned a surprise date for us last Saturday night. He told me that we need to get out and do what we can together while it's still just the two of us. We drove to Heber and rode on the Heber Valley Creeper, which is a train for those of you who don't know what the "Creeper" is. Yeah, it was me and Bran and a bunch of senior citizens, who are actually quite pushy by the way. They felt they had "priority" seating on the train. Can't a pregnant woman fit into the same category? I think so. I was nearly pulled out of my seat by the super senior supervisor, but I held my ground. We boarded the train and sat in an outside car behind the locomotive because it was hot outside and there is no A/C in those old train cars. Unfortunately, right when we thought we had the best seats in the house this freak storm came up out of nowhere and nearly blew us out of the train car. It didn't help that there are rodeo grounds right across the street. I think we ate all the dust coming from the rodeo that night. So much for doing my hair. Once the ride got started though we outran the storm and it was a much more enjoyable experience. We got to see some really pretty landscapes. There were a couple of families and young couples that rode in the outside car with us, so they made it fun as well. We stopped midway on our way back and they had a BBQ dinner for us. Unfortunately, they didn't plan for as many people as there were on that train and there wasn't enough seating. Thank goodness Bran nabbed us a couple of seats, but the seating was so tight that we were sitting back to back with the people behind us. We were so close to other people, it was kind of hard to eat. This lady across from us had no trouble enjoying her food. About every time we looked at her she was smacking her lips and food was falling into her cleavage. I don't know how that doesn't bother people. I can't stand dropping food on myself, but o'well. Like Brannon says, "Enjoy your food and clean up later." The storm caught up to us midway through the bluegrass entertainment, which I wasn't so sad about and everyone ran for the train because it was pelting rain and the lightning was a little too close for comfort. We rode in one of the covered cars on the way back because of the rain. I don't know how people rode in those cars back in the day. The seats face each other and consequently you do more than touch knees with the person sitting across from you. Overall, it was a fun experience and we both got a lot of laughs out of it watching other people. I'm glad that we were able to have some fun together before our little one arrives:)

7 comments:

Marci Dawn said...

sounds like so much fun :)...and there is nothing wrong with food in the cleavage...just saving it for later, a privlage we dont enjoy :(

Cherish said...

I am glad you guys got to go out on a date. Yes it is very true that you need to get out and do as much as you can before kids. even though you have babysitters for them it isnt the same as before they are born. :)
Looks like you had an adventure! I like the part of the story of the lady eating across from you I seriously was laughing soo hard.

Tiffany said...

You are so funny Michelle, I was laughing my head off as I was reading about the "pushy" senior citizens. I swear the funniest things always happen to you guys. How fun though that you got to go on a date before the baby comes, we have only been on 2 "alone" dates since Caleb was born, so enjoy the time you have now!

Janice Twitchell said...

that is so cute! gotta love bran! enjoy all the time you can get together because once the baby comes it will be another little while before you dare go "out" again. that's good you enjoyed it! your belly is getting even cuter! so glad you got pics.

Janice Twitchell said...

p.s. I know how that lady feels about dropping food in her cleavage. and i don't try!

Anonymous said...

Hey we saw your blog on Janice and Coles blog and thought we would send you a note saying hi and let you know that we started a blog as well! Hope you all are doing well! That was way sweet of Brannon to take you out on a date!
Klay and Shayne

Janice Twitchell said...

how did you get your friends list to show how long ago they checked your blog? that's cool!