Sunday, May 8, 2011

Title: Mother




This Mother's Day I can't help but be eternally grateful for having the privilege of being called "mother." I never knew that being a mother would help me understand not only myself (and my many flaws), but to better understand the love that our Father in Heaven has for us. Having a child really is like watching your heart live and breath on the outside of you. It's almost painful because I worry about all the "what ifs" that could happen to my sweet boy and I realize there is only so much I can do and the rest is in the Lord's hands. It is for this reason that I will be forever ever indebted to Christ and the Lord for the wonderful gift of eternal life, eternal families. Raising Taj so far has definitely not been easy, but I am so thankful that he is living, breathing, experiencing life, bringing me joy, and teaching me many lessons along the way. Being a mother is turning out to be the best experience of my life and I find more enjoyment in it than I thought possible each and every day. Today I want to thank not only the mothers in my life, but all the mothers out there who love, listen, help, serve, comfort, uplift, laugh, and have been a light in someone's life out there. Our world is able to go around because of mothers. My heart also aches for all of those who have lost their mothers, for those who may not get the chance to be a mother in this life, and for those dear mothers who have lost a child. I think Mother's Day is not only a day for celebrating the mothers in our lives, but for honoring those lost or those who have lost. May you find peace on this day.

No comments: