Monday, June 14, 2010

Hello Sunshine!

We had a fabulous weekend last week staying right here in good ol' Utah. We got up early Saturday morning and hit the Union Station Museum in Ogden. This is a great place to take your kids if they like trains, cars, and antique guns (guys). Unfortunately, the airhead that I am, I forgot to charge the battery in my camera, so it let me take one picture before it died. Oh well, because we will be going back to this place soon. I think Brannon enjoyed it the most...we couldn't get him off of the trains they had on display outside, even though it was hurricane-like weather! All he could say was, "Man, I wish I could be a train conductor!" (He said that about driving semi trucks too and found out the reality of truck driving and has sworn off them for good...thank goodness!)


My family was up here along for the ride with us and after the train museum, we headed to the Hill Air Force Museum....super cool for anyone that loves jets, planes, helicopters, and war memorabilia. I think my little brother Easton enjoyed that the most and may end up in one of those jets that fly over my house daily someday:) Thank goodness Taj slept through this visit, because we were all tired from chasing him at the train museum:) This museum is free, so come and check it out! It really is awesome!


Our last stop was Boondocks. Seriously, if you are ever up in Kaysville (or Draper) you have got to go to Boondocks! It is sooo much fun for kids and parents. I played laser tag with my mom and dad and Brannon and it was a blast! I haven't seen my parents act like kids in like forever. They have go-carts, mini-golf, bumper boats, bowling, and arcade games galore! While the guys rode go-carts, my mom and I blew all our fun card money on a silly coin game because Taj loved putting the coins in the machine. We actually got really into the game and were on the verge of shaking the machine until one of the nerdy teenage employees started hovering over us "pretending to wash the machine glass." That coin game didn't get the best of us...we'll be back! *Just a note for anyone considering going: On Tuesdays you can get an unlimited passes card for only 12.00! That's incredible because its normally 25.00. This pass will let you go on the go-carts, bumper boats, mini-golf, and laser tag as much as you want, which is a great deal!
p.s. The sun is shining today for the first time in a week, fabulous!

No comments: