Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fun at the Zoo

My little sis on the train...we went on it too, not too bad a ride for a buck




These little guys were so cute, but man the stench from that water was not! I held my breath long enough to get a pic and get out!

Taj like the button on Brannon's hat more than he like the bears in this exhibit:)

I can't remember what was behind this glass, but man it must have been exciting!

My sister and I found the most ridiculous hats...I don't know what moved us to actually put them on our heads, but we thought a picture was a swell idea


Brannon soaked Taj under the misty things, but Taj loved it. He kept raising both hands in the air, giving thanks to the heavens for the rain...

Pound that glass baby...There was actually a little sign that tells you not to tap on the glass, but we figured since Taj is a baby we could bend the rules a bit. Actually when Taj was pounding on the glass a lady thought it was her kids and yelled at them...oops!

This is one of the most vile things I've ever seen...wanna take a ride?
There was a scale to weigh yourself by this exhibit, so we all jumped on and I swear it weighed heavy because when Brannon got on the scale, red lights started blinking and it was like "Congratulations! You weigh as much as a baby elephant!" Congratulations??? There must be something wrong with that scale...

Taj and his daddy taking a ride on the carousel (I can't believe they charge you two bucks to go around in a few circles on this thing!)

Taj did like the elephant; he kept pointing his little finger at it and spouting off all kinds of baby babble.........
This is the monkey checking out Taj and he too wasn't very impressed...

This is Taj checking out the monkey above...he really wasn't too impressed with this fellow...

We decided to take Taj to the zoo since he's already very keen on animals. We had the usual zoo experience: hot, humid, crowded, and stinky, but Taj enjoyed it, so it was worth it. It really is a cool experience to want to see your child learning something new and finding joy in that. I don't believe there is any other calling in life like parenthood that will inspire one to better.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, this looks like so much fun! I really wish we could have gone with you. Caleb would LOVE it at his age now. Taj is so adorable, I just want to squeeze him. Maybe we can get together with you guys sometime this week!

BTW, we are blessing Ella on Sunday and you guys are more than welcome to come!

Brian and Megan DeMille said...

How fun!! I think Gav would love the zoo!! By the way your diaper experience awful!! I can relate!! The things we go through as moms!! Totally worth it!!