Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Farewell Summer
















For Labor Day weekend we decided to take advantage of the last of the warm weather granted us and we headed up to the Uintah mountains, which by the way are fabulous for outdoor getaways! My brother Matt and his wife Ali joined us in our excursion. Again we drove around for about an hour staking out our territority and we finally found a really good spot. The ground was a lot softer here than at our last camp site, but that didn't help me sleep better at all. This time we didn't have noisy neighbors next to us, thus I could hear all the little critters running over our tent and I just knew that there was a bear meandering around the campsite. I woke Brannon up once to let him know that there was "something" walking around on the rocks. I got the usual grumpy answer of "there' nothing out there," and then he was back to sleep. I spent the rest of the night wide-eyed and jumpy, clutching onto Taj to protect him from whatever it was that was outside our tent. I've never been so happy to see daylight.

2 comments:

Jonathonandaudrey said...

I want to go camping!! Looks like you had a good time.. Well other than sleeping :)

Janice Twitchell said...

Chelle, I so wish I would have gone camping this summer! I love it! Except all the "noises" outside when you're trying to sleep! I always here that "something" too! :) Look like it was fun though!