Monday, October 20, 2014

Blessing Day

Sawyer was blessed on September 7th this year at our ward in Kaysville. I wanted to at least document the day with some pictures for our family history. I've been doing family history on Sundays and I've run into some pretty cool stories about my ancestors. I wish all of them would have taken the time to at least record who they were, what they did for a living, what they did with their lives, etc. It's made me realize that someday my great great grandkids will want to hear our stories, so I'm making it a point to do better with recording life as we live it.
Sawyer was blessed by his daddy Brannon--he did such a good job! Sawyer's grandpas and his uncle Matt stood in the circle. I remember that fast and testimony meeting being especially spiritual. Everyone kept commenting afterwards how strongly they felt the spirit there. I love Sundays like that! We have the best friends and family ever!
 
 

She never swings with us, but she got brave for papa.
 See that nicely painted shed in the background? Brannon, my dad, and my brother Matt painted it in one afternoon. I was worried they wouldn't get it done before the blessing the next day, but they pulled it off and it looks great! Good job boys:)
 See this is what we really look like 90% of the time. I think she had a nasty booger or what Taj calls "burgers."
 
 Here's our best family of five picture. Better not stare too closely into Medusa's eyes!

 Papa Clint came to town. Taj immediately donned his cowboy gear for the occasion after church to impress Papa Clint, haha.

 We had to get a girls pic with the little man. We are missing my sister Marci--usually she is the one behind the camera at these kinds of things. Man I love my sisters and my mom! Makes me want to consider having a sister for Haiv so that she can know what it feels like to have a sister. Now hurry, someone talk me out of it!

 More drama from Medusa.
 We had all the grandkids here for the blessing except for little Miss Cora Bear.
 Sawyer with his Morse grandpas.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Sawyer's blessing day. It's hard to tell a person's personality based on a photograph with pasted on smiles, so I love candids like this that portray personalities. Candids are the most accurate photos of all at detailing the human experience.

No comments: