Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Wedding, Christmas, New Year, New House

Poor Taj...in this shot his lower back is covered in hives because after falling and hitting his head on the coffee table, he got up and stumbled into the real blue spruce christmas tree, and yes he was naked. Poor guy, looks like he's going to take after his dad. I've never seen so much crack in my life:)
Taj is obsessed with Alivia's carseart. I don't know why because he always screams when he has to get in his own.

Taj and Livy are good buddies. Taj already knows to be gentle with her.

Our little niece Alivia, so sweet:) So fun to have a girl in the family!

Taj trying out his brand spankin new Radio Flyer from Grandpa Clint. He can't reach the peddles yet, but he's mastered crashing it already. He mostly resorts to pushing it around now.

These are my lovely young women who I had to sadly leave because we moved. I've never cried when I left a calling until now. They were so much fun and so inspiring...sigh, I'll miss them so much!

Taj loves his great uncle McClain...I don't know, but I think it may be the hat.

These are the best little boys to travel with ever!

Taj's new cousin, who is so cute by the way and twice as big as Taj even though Taj is older. We're going to have to increase the whole milk uptake with Taj.

Clint and Tad, Brannon's dad's new wife, who we love. We are so happy for the both of them. I thought meshing families would be hard, but I found that it wasn't hard, just new and a bit awkward. I'm sure we'll all adjust as time goes on.

I know that this post is a long time coming, but things have seriously been out of control the last three weeks. We kicked it off by closing on our home on Dec. 23rd, which afterwards we booked it to Tropic because his dad Clint got married on Christmas Eve. It was so nice to be able to go and be a part of that special day for his dad. Christmas was a busy day too. We woke up early to open presents, sure that Taj was going to love it, but he just ended up crying through nearly the entire experience...fun times. We really were spoiled this year by our families, thanks you guys, but seriously, next year we're going to do home-made gifts:) When we got back home, we started packing like crazy (the same day we signed on our house, a young couple came and decided to rent our apartment, seriously a huge blessing for us) We had one week to get all our stuff packed and moved and have our apartment cleaned. We moved New Year's Day and it literally took us two weeks to get everything put away. We moved up to Kaysville, which we really like so far. We went to the wrong ward again on Sunday, but next Sunday, we'll get the right one for sure, we hope:) Kaysville kinda feels like Cedar City, but shopping is only 15 min. away! Our home was built in 1959, so yeah it's old, but we love it. It is a cute brick home with original hardwood floors throughout the top and the only carpet is in the basement. It does need some upgrades to say the least, but those will come in time. We are going to paint the entire house though starting this weekend. I will post pics as soon as I can. Hope you all are doing well and that you enjoyed the holidays and time spent with family.
p.s. Brannon turned 27 last week. I can't believe that he is almost 30! He always tells me he is "wayyy" older than me; this year I am starting to believe it. I feel bad because I didn't really spend time planning his birthday because our house looked like a construction zone. Next year will be better babe, I promise!





2 comments:

Tiffany said...

What!? You bought a house!? Congratulations! Did you know that I grew up in Kaysville? You're right, it is a lot like Cedar City. I love it there!

POST PICTURES OF YOUR HOUSE! ASAP!

Janice Twitchell said...

Chelle. I'm so sad we couldn't see you while you guys were here, but I know it was crazy!! Glad you had such a great Christmas. Taj is such a little boy now, he's not a baby anymore.
We need pics of your house!!
When are you coming down next?