Saturday, January 3, 2009

Post-Christmas Blues

Our first Christmas as a "family"

Super cool sunset in South Ogden

My neighbor's apricot. I was scared to take this pic
because there were mean-looking dogs running loose around
the neighborhood and I narrowly escaped coming face-to-face
with them. I thought the snow on the apricot look kinda cool.


Blue Mountain with horse head and snow on her side.



Taj's first Christmas:) We had to hold him up. He kept tipping
over into the glittery red package and he ended up with tons of
of glitter in his hair. I was still picking it out of his hair for days
afterwards.




So Christmas and New Years is over and it's back to real world I guess. The day after Christmas is so anti-climatic for me because I look forward to it from about October and then it's suddenly over in one day. It's almost like I expected Christmas Day to last longer than 24 hours. I wondered why I felt so bad and I think it's because everyone has to go back to where they came from and people resume their everyday hubub tasks without the Christmas spirit. There's no excitement. I wish we could maintain the Christmas spirit year round, but then I wonder if Christmas would be so exciting. Hmmm...anyway, we did have a good Christmas with family and it was nice to escape Salt Lake City for a while. As for New Year's resolutions, well I'm taking my time resolving to do things. I've never stuck to a resolution and I think it's because life gets in the way, so this year I've got to come up with a resolution that works when life does get in the way. I've included some pics from Christmas and some awesome nature scenes. It's so fun to take pictures in the winter!

No comments: